Post #2

Today, as kind of a formality, I had to write First Solar a letter describing my intent and goals during my internship. I put a lot of effort into it, and this is what I came up with.

My name is Sahil Kattar and I go to Maumee Valley Country Day School, a co-educational private school in Toledo, Ohio. I will be attending the University of Wisconsin-Madison this fall. My high school offers me an intensive period at the end of the year to independently get exposed to new career opportunities. Previously through this intensive program, I have worked at a stock brokerage and at a professional soccer team.  Shadowing at First Solar is of great interest to me; it would be an exciting and productive way to cap off my high school career.
In the 21st century, it’s important that we shift the focus from fossil fuels to alternative energy. Environmental concerns for our world are only becoming more prevalent, and it’s companies like First Solar that are going to help us combat that going forward. Getting an inside look at the ethical, envelope-pushing ideas that First Solar has to offer would not only be interesting, but also inspiring. It’s easy to talk about helping the environment, but First Solar is a company that actually makes the idea a reality. We can’t just change the world through words; we also have to invest in companies that have ideas that align with ours, and that’s what First Solar consumers do.
In addition to being ethical and innovative, First Solar is also well-run and professional. Though I have previous work experience, I’ve never worked with a company of this magnitude that spans nationwide. Getting experience with a company that has this much influence on the global economy could be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Just walking around the facilities at First Solar will be life-changing. While the overall idea and product of the company are intriguing, I think that the small details will be interesting too. The experience that I can get with internal company functions like human resources and corporate communication will be very valuable. These internal functions might be available at a variety of companies, but they aren’t run to the same standard and effectiveness as First Solar. If I can get exposed to a company like First Solar, I’ll have sufficient exposure to any company.

First Solar is a company that I have the utmost respect for, and I look forward to the prospect of shadowing there. I know that I would have an inspiring experience that will help me grow as a person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #3

Post #5

Post #6